Sunday, June 28, 2009

Лол кот

This is my last night in the wonderful US of A. I spent the day in Central Park with my friend Jen and we rented a rowboat and enjoyed the beautiful New York day. I am getting a little bit sappy about how much I love New York, but it is actually probably a good idea to get out of here in the summer. Tonight I am just putting the finishing touches on my packing and generally existing in a state of nervousness about tomorrow.

Picking up my visa went almost insultingly smoothly and took only about 10 minutes because, inexplicably, there was no line at all. On the plus side, I get to actually enter Russia since I was able to pick up the visa.

So my next post will hopefully be from Russia! I made some Russian LOLcats for a semi-casual competition the LE Russia program director has created to get myself some bonus points (sorry for those of you that speak Russian if the Russian is bad). They are pictures of my amazing cat, Alyosha:


















"Mama loves me, but I only love sausages!"























"I drank too much vodka and ate too many cookies... Wait a minute! Where are my presents!?!"























"If mama didn't give me 'smooties'... I would cry."


















"What is this, fish!? I didn't order fish! I want caviar!!!!!"

9 comments:

  1. It's really cute that you think anyone cares about your little trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to lose that competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabel, I'm really sorry for leaving mean comments on your previous posts. I hadn't realized until reading all the comments on this post how unpopular your blog was and how many people hate you, and now I feel bad. So sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Russian is so awful that it offends me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Russian. It looks so cool and different. Glad to hear the passport aquisition went well... it was to balance out the visa experience. By the time you read this... WELCOME to RUSSIA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy and alter-egos of amy... that is not very nice! I don't write means things on your blog!!

    And to Stasia... I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helloooo... the only reason you got your visa so quickly that day was because you had your lucky charm *ahem* me.

    ReplyDelete