Monday, July 20, 2009


Some of the girls at camp and I with Russian pride written all over our faces.


A really beautiful little church in Belokurikha.


This is a view of the town from the mountains. Tanya, my “Russian friend,” took me up on a ski lift.


Swimming poool, obviously.





This is Nadia, my favorite little girl in the world!




Me with lots of pictures the kids drew and labeled in English. All day the children kept asking me what my shirt said by poking me in the chest.






More pictures.










This is Andrei, my favorite of the older kids at camp. He is just a sweetheart and has a great sense of humor. He is also one of the only kids there at actually seemed interested in learning English.











This is Seryozha, a little boy that I am always trying to make friends with but who seems totally uninterested in me. He just has the cutest sad eyes when he looks up at you though.






This is Karina and I at a “cafĂ©.” I think it would just be called a restaurant/bar in America, but here they have a different conception of what constitutes a full on restaurant.







Karina, Tanya and I. This was my attempt at a “Russian woman” pose.












Me and my three favorite kids at the camp. There was a speaker talking to the kids about traffic laws or something so Nadia and Alica, who are younger, came and sat on my lap and put their hats on me.












Karina in our favorite park on our favorite bench.













"Halloween" at camp.











Anton, the other teacher, and I in our wonderful costumes.















Alica being too adorable for words.

















One of my favorite photos from my trip so far.








1 comment:

  1. Yay! Pictures!

    That is an excellent eagle by Andrei!

    Halloween in July! You looked great in your costume. I can tell the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete